I was really eager to try this recipe. We love noodles and the thought of fat free noodles was really intriguing. I am also a huge fan of Drunken Noodles–what wasn’t there to like? This recipe didn’t disappoint. I’ve made it a few times. This most recent time, I added in a package of shitaki mushrooms that went well with the recipe. I like spicy food, but be cautious with the jalapeno pepper and the siracha! You will want to gobble it up and if it’s too spicy it will inhibit your ability to do that! 🙂
This supper dish is based on Thai drunken noodles.
- 4 Tbs. gluten-free, reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 ½ Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbs. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped jalapeño chile
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 8-oz. pkg. tofu shirataki fettuccine, prepared according to package directions
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Whisk together tamari, lime juice, brown sugar, and sriracha in bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add onion and bell peppers, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add tamari mixture and shirataki, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, then toss with basil.
January/February 2011 p.46