I love a good soup. And I love noodles. But often ramen noodle places aren’t vegan–the broth is made with a non-vegetable stock, there’s fish sauce, etc. While this recipe is far from healthy, it is tasty and satisfies that ramen craving.
I’ve made it several times and spruced it up a few times. Sliced mushrooms are great, spinach leaves are tasty, even freshly cut corn kernels are good. Experiment! Have fun and most of all, ENJOY! 🙂
- 3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package ramen noodles , with dried vegetables
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 green onions , sliced
1. In a medium saucepan combine broth and noodles. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; stir to break up noodles. Reduce heat to medium and add soy sauce, chili oil and ginger.
2. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in sesame oil and garnish with green onions.