Mark and I had a great quesadilla at Sticky Fingers this week, so it was on my mind. This recipe differs greatly from what we ate earlier this week, but it was really good.
- 1 (15 ounce) can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- cooking spray
- Blend great Northern beans, 3/4 cup tomatoes, and garlic in a food processor until smooth; add nutritional yeast, cumin, chili powder, salt, and red pepper flakes and blend again.
- Transfer bean mixture to a bowl. Stir black beans and 1/4 cup tomatoes into bean mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place a tortilla in the hot oil. Spread about 1/4 cup filling onto the tortilla.
- Place another tortilla on top of filling; cook until filling is warmed, about 10 minutes.
- Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray and flip quesadilla to cook the second side until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
I served it with the Fresh Corn, Scallion and Basil salad—perfect pairing!